[bksvol-discuss] Scanning Old Mass Market Paperbacks

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:51:24 EDT

By the way, I just thought of another question. I said that in adjusting
the contrast setting for one of those recalcitrant pages in increments of 25 I
got a fairly decent scan at 175. It was not perfect though. The
imperfection was such that by the method I have now fallen into I would fix it
by just
scanning it again until it came out right and it would probably take one or
two rescans. It occurs to me, though, that maybe I should continue to adjust
the contrast in smaller increments until I do get a perfect scan. How can I
tell which direction to go, up or down?

                                                  "Philosophers have merely
interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it." Karl
Marx

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free
things to do in the U.S.