[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Old Mass Market Paperbacks

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:29:51 -0700

Hi Roger,

    I don't use OpenBook, so don't know where to tell you to look for a gray
scale setting exactly.  It should be in your scanner settings menu.  You
should have options such as, color, gray scale, dynamic, and static.  You
may have either some or all of these as options.  I scan exclusively using
gray scale.  And doing this, if the results prove to be some that you like
will keep you from having to adjust your scanner brightness every time you
switch pages.  What gray scale does is adjust itself as needed, essentially.
Nope.  I have no idea how this is achieved.  What I do know is that the
results are much, much better, in my experience than any other scanner
setting.  The recognition time is longer than with other settings, but less
long when you take into consideration the amount of time you'd be spending
correcting all the mistakes that you get with other settings.

Good luck!

Happy scanning.

Mayrie

  _____