[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Old Mass Market Paperbacks

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:06:06 EDT

No, I have not tried that because I don't know what I am doing. I suppose
that if I try it on a book that has some pages that are scanning okay and
some that are not I would have to change it for each page?

                                                  "Philosophers have merely
interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it." Karl
Marx

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com

vtable with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Old Mass Market Paperbacks
Date:
5/21/2009 4:01:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi, Roger,

Have you ever experimented with the settings in the Scanning settings under
the Settings menu?

In that submenu, there is an option for "scanning contrast".  There are
options for automatic contrast, normal contrast, darken page, and lighten
page.
But below those choices, there is a list of numbers from 1 to 255.  Using
one of these numbers allows you to darken or lighten the page beyond the
perameters
in the other options.

127 is the number that is similar to normal contrast.

One time I had a book that would barely scan using automatic or normal
contrast darken page or lighten page.  The letters either ran together or
created
garbage.  I played around with using the numbersdarkening the page by using
number 25 and the book scanned really well.

So if you have not tried these custom settings for scanning contrast, check
it out.  Hope this helps.

Cat Lover Lori

block quote