[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Books with Playing Card Pictures

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 20:53:51 -0600

Hi Cindy,

One thing that would be wonderfully helpful is if you can find a way to let
me know if a book I'm considering has card pictures, or just text names for
the cards.  Then I can better choose books to buy and scan.

For instance, I bought a recently published book on bridge, copyright 2001,
I think, and every hand contained a picture, to show which cards North,
South, East and West held.  These pictures are essential to the text,
because you work with the information in the pictures to devise strategies
and such.

If I gave you a short list of books, would you be able to try to tell me
which were picture-based, and which were text?

What books did you find in your library that were text-based?

Thanks for everything.

Lora