[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Books with Playing Card Pictures

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 19:25:47 -0400

Lora, I would love to see books about Texas Hold Em and/or poker added to the collection. If I could, I'd put that last sentence in bold and make it red. As for representing the cards, for speech users, it might read better to put something like ace of hearts rather than putting the letters a h because our screenreaders would say ah. That would get confusing to some people. Do you already own some books about card games, or would you have to buy some first? Or are you going to search a library for them? I'm asking because I'm willing to help locate books. I'd like to chip in and buy some, but I've already gone overboard on my book buying budget 2 months in a row. Amazon had a sale and... (blush) I would be happy to help validate your scans since I know how to play Hold Em and poker. I would be able to spot scannos fairly easily unlike someone who doesn't know those games. I know zilch about playing bridge though. Let me know how I can help, and I'm glad to know there is someone else who is interested in these types of games.

Monica Willyard