[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Books with Playing Card Pictures

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

That's interesting. My Hoyle book on games, admittedly
very old, is all text except for one picture of a
backgammon board. I bought one for my card-playing
daughters a couple of years ago but I didn't look at
it that thoroughly.

I wouldn't think that illustrations are necessary, if
the instructions are clear. I checked my library
catalog, and while I see that several of the books do
have illustrations, at least one does not.

Just my opinion. I prefer getting my information and
instruction from reading clear text than from looking
at pictures.

Cindy R
  Most books on card
> games use pictures for the