[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scannin g

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:09:32 -0500

Extremely well stated. I was told that I didn't like to read when I was a kid, but that was totally untrue. I was just given boring books all the time, so of course I didn't have that much desire to read them. If i had been given something interesting to read I would have learned much faster and been much happier.
I remember the Cam? books that were about a young girl detective with a photographic memory, and those books were really the first interesting reading material I was ever given in braille that I actually enjoyed reading. I really wonder what they were actually called. Once I had good books to read I started to read all the time.

By submitting children's books to bookshare we are encouraging learning, helping kids to succeed in school, helping kids to love reading, and ultimately increasing their intelligence, though not necessarily their ability to spell, if I am any indication. LOL

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Pietruk" <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>