[bksvol-discuss] Scanner's Elbow?

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:36:59 -0400

For those who do a lot of scanning, do you ever experience inflamation and/or soreness in your elbow or forearm from pressing down on books? I'm asking because I've just been told that I have tennis elbow, but of course, I don't play tennis. So I think I'll call it scanner's elbow instead. (smile) I'm only partly joking. I've been told that I have to find a new way to scan books where my elbow doesn't flex while pressing down. I never really gave much thought to the mechanics of scanning a book until now. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, how have you dealt with it? I think it's time to rearrange my desk.

--
Monica Willyard
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/plumlipstick