[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanners

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 00:00:56 -0400 (EDT)

Jake

I have a couple of Epson Perfection 4180's and, both from my experience
and comments of others, it is similar in performance to the 2 older Epson
models.
The reason I suspect that they are mentioned more often is that they tend
to be cheaper, when available, as they are discontinued models.
The 4180 is getting long in the tooth model cycle wise and should be
dropping in price.
Listed at $249, I bought one last year at this time for $199 and this
summer for $149.