[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sad decision

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:47:31 -0800 (PST)

I don't think so (answer to your first question).
Unless I'm wrong, they only check for copyright
info--not even to see if all the pages are there. I
say this because people have downloaded books from the
collection and complained, as E did recently about the
end-of-line hard returns on the Gabaldon book Snow and
Ashes. Also, Last Express, a Duncal MacLain Mystery in
the collection is only rated Fair, and Shelley asked
me to redo it--and there is a whole list of Fair books
in the collection that want re-doing. I think Rui has
a list.

I think what happens is that people download a book
from the collection to read and find problems with it,
as E. did. So they ask for someone to re-scan and
submit a better copy. Unfortunately, until the book in
the Admin Q is in the collection, I don't think
there's a way to tell what it's like. I've had some of
the books put on the download list for me to correct,
and have asked just now for two more, but I haven't
heard yet.

Cindy

--- mickey <micka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrot