[bksvol-discuss] Romance Book Club Summary

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:33:36 -0500

The Romance Club met in the Bookshare Community Room on Friday, February 15,
2008 with a lively discussion on Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich. Most enjoyed
the book with its humor.  But some prefer a deeper romance.

We will be reading a classic novel, Emma, supposedly Jane Austin's best,
written in 1816 at our next meeting, March 21, 2008. The book can be found as a
public domain
book at Bookshare.org, through the Library of Congress's WebBraille Program and
also from audible.com.

 Synopsis:

 'I wonder what will become of her!' So speculate the friends and neighbours of
Emma Woodhouse, the lovely, lively, willful, and fallible heroine of Jane
Austen's fourth published novel. Confident that she knows best, Emma schemes to
find a suitable husband for her pliant friend Harriet, only to discover
that she understands the feelings of others as little as she does her own
heart. As Emma puzzles and blunders her way through the mysteries of her social
world, Austen evokes for her readers a cast of unforgettable characters and a
detailed portrait of a small town undergoing historical transition. Written
with matchless wit and irony, judged by many to be her finest novel, Emma has
been adapted many times for film and television.

 The Romance Book Club Team

 Grace Pires

silvara@xxxxxxx

*****
Grace

Please sponsor me in the march for independence, Walk for Opportunity   in
Dallas Texas. Any amount will help, no matter how small.
Proceeds benefit the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan institute.
http://nfb.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1095161&pg=personal&fr_id=1040