[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requirements for acceptance -- the bottom line

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 02:11:21 -0400

Garry,

Your point is well taken.  The corrections list we are considering is, I
believe, for K1K.  I am not certain that Openbook supports such a function,
though I wouldn't doubt it. A large number of corrections may work well if
you choose to ensure that the correction that you enter into the file do not
create other problems in the book.  And, if the correction is going to pose
a problem and create another correction error in the scan, we must ensure
that another correction is added to the file to allow us to change that.  If
another correction is not possible, I would advise that we not add the first
correction to begin with.  And, as I mentioned in one of my previous
messages, I would recommend that people run the automatic corrections
feature several times.  It is easy to do in K1K.  It is located under
tool/apply corrections.  I try to do that with books that I validate.  It
resolves many problems right from the beginning.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Managing Director
CUNYAssistive Technology Services