[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requirements for acceptance -- the bottom line

  • From: "Kenneth A. Cross" <crossk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:39:02 -0400

It isn't fair
or reasonable of you to suggest that anyone in favor of one thing is
necessarily opposed to another.  More specifically, I want to see books get
on the system as quickly as possible, but that in no way entitles you to
accuse me or anyone else of disregarding quality.  Those who hold books for
weeks and then simply return them are serving neither end.  Putting a book
up for those who want (and perhaps even need) it right now, even if it is
only good, won't in the least be bothered  if it is later improved.  Let me
say very clearly that I want the best possible books I can have, but only if
I have those books can I advance my own interests, even if those interests
involve making the book still better.----- Original Message -----