[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requirements for acceptance -- the bottom line

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:27:53 -0700 (PDT)

You bring up a very good point, I think, E. I've said
before that I though validating deserved more credit
than scanning, but mainly that was because I
personally found it more difficult and time-consuming,
since I validate after scanning and before uploading
(I don't get any credits so it's not personal with
me). But many people it seems, at least up to now,
scan quickly and upload with out correcting errors or
even checking pagination. I've found on quite a few
occasions that I've either double-scanned pages or
omitted some and have been able to correct the
problems before submitting.  Might I suggest to the
powers that be that either the credits be equalized
or, until scans get submitted in a lot better fashion,
the validators get the higher rate of credit.  If
there were a way of individualizing it, that would be
most fair -- then those people who submit an Excellent
scan that needed very little work by the validator
could get the $3.50 and those whose work had a lot of
errors could get less (maybe $1?)

This is absolutely none of my business, of course, but
I never let a little thing like that stop me (grin).

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail