[bksvol-discuss] Re: Request

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:44:16 -0400

I cannot remember the name of it but someone out there might: There was a well known historical novel, made into a movie, about a Physician in ancient Egypt who became infatuated with a woman and ended up not only giving her everything he had but even his parents' tomb to win her favors and ended up living elsewhere with little, having even sold his physician's tools, if memory serves. I think the phrase "lived to regret it" applies but the novel gave a marvelous picture of ancient Egypt from what might be called the middle class point of view.

Amy
omsm

----- Original Message ----- from: "kelby carlson" <kelbycarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>