[bksvol-discuss] Re: Replacing the stupid ellipses character with three periods.

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:42:29 -0700

Hi Sue,

Oh, man.  I'm totally confused now.  First thing I noticed in your e-mail,
if you've routed your jaws cursor to the delete button, you need to hit the
left mouse button to activate the button. I don't know that pressing enter
will do it.

Second, as to the way the ellipsis is perceived using a braille display, I
don't know more than I've said.  Just that if it's formatted correctly, it
takes several presses of an arrow key to get from a space before an ellipsis
to the space following it.

I'm about to be out for a few hours, so won't be here for the rest of the
afternoon.

If what I've just said didn't help, let's keep trying to communicate and fix
this.  And we can do it off list, as it seems no one else using a braille
display is worrying about this.  Not saying you are being too verbose, just
saying that you and I can be verbose together without making other people
read our chat off list.

Let me know what happens.  We WILL fix this!

Mayrie

  _____