[bksvol-discuss] Reminder: Writer's Club Begins Tomorrow, October 30, 2007

  • From: "Pat Price" <patlprice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:46:30 -0400

Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that TOMORROW night we are launching the Writer's Club in
the Friends Community Room. Remember, please:  NO PASSWORD IS REQUIRED TO
ENTER ANY OF THE ROOMS ON MY VIRTUAL SERVER.

A reprint of the original announcement is below so you will have all the
information at your fingertips.

Pat Price

Writer's Practice GROUP To Begin Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Leader:  Mayrie ReNae  Email:  mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date:  Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Time:  6:00 p.m. Pacific, 7:00 p.m. Mountain, 8:00 p.m. Central and 9:00
p.m. Eastern

Where:  Friends of Bookshare Community Room at:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

Do you like to write?  Would you enjoy writing with other people who feel
the same way?  If practicing writing with other people sounds like fun, come
and join THE WRITER'S PRACTICE GROUP!  Bring your favorite writing
implement!  We will write together, read aloud what
we've written, and discuss things that we can do to  become   better
writers. Some prompts will be provided  to inspire you  to begin composing
in your own writer's notebook.
   We will learn and talk about techniques that we can use to  become
more productive, and more accomplished writers.   Between meetings,
we will work on writing topics to share and comment on during the next
session.
    After the formal meetings, we can just hang out for a while and be high
on writing together!

About the Leader:

Mayrie ReNae's love of creative writing began early in her life and has
increased through the years.  During her academic pursuits she availed
herself of every creative writing class the universities offered.
Now,  with the launch of the Friends of Bookshare Writer's Practice Group ,
her wish to  share her knowledge and passion for writing  with other
aspiring writers and to nurture their enthusiasm for the craft will be
realized.

When asked during a recent interview  what she perceived as being the real
benefit of the newly formed CLUB, she commented:
"My hope for a group like this is that folks might find a place where they
can share their writing, interact with others who are equally interested in
improving their writing,  can act as sounding boards for each other in
regard to issues with particular works in progress, to offer writing topics
during each meeting for the group to jump start creativity, and also connect
the group in a way that would "encourage working together."

There are no membership requirements, no direct costs, no need to
pre-register, and no passwords required.  All you need is a PC running
Windows 2000 or later, an Internet connection, a sound card, and speakers.
(Mac and Linux access coming soon.) Since this is an audio chat, a
microphone will be needed to allow you to interact audibly with the
presenter and each other but text chat is also available.

If you are a first-time user of the Accessible World online conferencing
software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download
and then run.  A link to the software is available on the entry screen of
each room..

Note:  Archives of events are available for download at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org

Media Contact:

Pat (Patricia) Price, Planning Committee Chair Friends of  Bookshare
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org
317-254-1185
pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx