[bksvol-discuss] Re: Recommended scanners?

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:56:21 -0500

That's true of the Plustek OpticBook as well.  With the Epsons, it's been
install the driver and then turn on the scanner, so far.  The Plustek goes the
other way: connect the scanner, turn it on and install the software drivers
when the wizard gives the option of where to point.  Again, while the
Perfections are great (I've had a 1240 and now have a 1660), if you plan to do
trade or hardcover, the Plustek handles that better.  There will always be some
books with execrable margins which can't be helped.  I once tried to do some
histories by Thomas Costain and the margins were to tight for any scanning with
any scanner without complete dismantling of the book.  It wasn't my book and I
had to return it to the library.