[bksvol-discuss] Re: Recommendations for OCR and Scan software

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:58:46 -0800

Hi Julia,

        It's an online sort of trade thing. People post stuff that they have
that is still useful, but that they no longer need.  And other people can
have it for free.  I think you have to trade stuff that you no longer need
before you can get something that someone else no longer needs.  They are
all over the U.S. but I don't know about in Canada.  I know Jamie knows more
about it than I do.  She's actually used it!  I just read about it.

Mayrie

        From: Denise Wagner <denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
software
        To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 12:49 PM

        Thanks, Virginia. I'll definitely check that out.  So far, the best
I have
        found (and, of course, it was free since I'm cheap, I mean, frugal)
is
        FreeOCR.  But, I still want to find something that will make the job
at
        least a little bit easier LOL.

        Thanks again for the suggestion!
        Denise