[bksvol-discuss] Reall instructions for fixing ellipses that work!

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 11:11:59 -0700

Hi Everyone!

I love Jon!  He wrote instructions because I couldn't remember them!

Here they are!

It's sort of different from Judy's instructions, but there is always more
than one way to achieve something in Windows!

I'm so sorry I didn't have these instructions earlier!

Please speak up if you find they need tweeking for clarity!

Shutting up now.  See below.

Mayrie

stopping Wird from automatically inserting the elipsis character when you
type ...

1. When in Microsoft Wird with a document open, press alt plus T for the
tools menu, followed by the letter a.

2. If you hear something about U.S. English and then "replace, edit combo"
you are in the right place.
If you don't hear this tab around in this dialog box until you come to this
control.

3. Downarrow here, this is actually the list of characters which Word
changes into other characters.

4. Find the string of three periods which represents the elipsis.

5. Tab here and notice that the single character for elipsis is in this edit
field. Backspace it out and put in the string of three periods that you want
Word to use instead.

6.Tab over to the OK button and press enter to make your changes permanent
for all future documents.