[bksvol-discuss] Re: Read-only File

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:51:36 -0800

Hi Lori,

Oh, please don't give up! If you want to work on an easy validation, just let me know, and I'll send you a list of books that I have submitted that are still on the step 1 page. They are all in rtf format. I read everything all the way through these days, so if you wanted to choose one of my books, it might boost your flagging moralle. I so understand being frustrated. I have so been there so very often.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 06:39 PM 12/13/2007, you wrote:
Hello, I downloaded Lessi's Book "Celebrate". I did so because I am wanting to validate in word rather than in Openbook, and I thought this short file would be a way to get started. however, this is a read-only file and I don't find any option to change from read-only to allow me to edit and save the changed file.

If someone could tell me how to change a .rft file from read-only to edit, I would appreciate it.

Otherwise, I'll just release the book in the morning.

I have been validating books in openbook, but frankly after having to reject three books in that format I would like to validate .rft files. I understand that I should be able to edit .rft files with Openbook, but attempting that hasn't worked so well for me either. Maybe I should stick to simply submitting books.

Cat Lover Lori