[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ranked Spelling RE: Procedure Question

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:17:04 -0400

While in the list of misspelled words, pressing CTRL+L will spell the word
currently in focus. Actually, that command spells the word currently in
focus even if you're focused on a word in a document or on a particular word
in a menu item, so it's more a general/multipurpose command not confined to
the Ranked Spelling dialog, but it works nicely here. I do use this command
quite a bit if I'm not using my Braille display with my PC at the moment.
I've used the context commands quite a lot myself, for errors like what you
mention below, which I've also seen. I also agree about the capitalization;
I personally set my list to show both capitalized and non-capitalized words
for reasons such as this and to make sure that a character's name isn't
consistently misspelled in the book (for instance, I remember a book where
the character's name was Marla, which I learned from looking at online
reviews, yet OCR kept misrecognizing it as Maria, and I caught this right
away when doing Ranked Spelling with capitalized words being displayed); I
would have seen it when reading through the book, at which point I could
have just performed a Find/Replace, but I Rank Spell before I read, so it
just helped to catch the mistake more quickly.

Regards,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic
AIM: MCKristic