[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rank spelling & Spell-check

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:43:00 -0800 (PST)

But Jamie, if you're sing Word, spell-check is just as
good--ad has the same problem as the ranked
spelling,i.e., that it won't catch "wrong" words that
are spelled correctly, e.g., modem for modern. smile
Also, if you read the book with the spell-check on
mis-spelled words, including half of divided words
that have a spece instead of a hyphen or a space
instead of being together, show up in some form; in my
Word they are underlined in red. so I can correc them
as I write.

A thought just occurred to me--I wonder if the words
that are supposed to be together but have a space
between them is because someone deleted the hyphen at
the end of the lineand hit the space bar instead of
just deleting it. Just a thought

Cindy

--- Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>