[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rank spelling

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:18:16 -0500

Dear Shane, Monica and Katie then Cindy, Pratik, Monica Again and Others,,

Thanks to all of you for your answer to my questions about Fine Reader and Omni
Page. It seems fortunate for Kurzweil users that both are provided and I'm glad
to know the engines complement each other by addressing different scanning
needs. I'm also relieved to know that the Kurzweil program itself can test to
decide which engine is best for different tasks. I understand that Fine Reader
may be more popular but that Omni Page performs some scans better. Shane, the
endorsement of a satisfied user is more convincing than any sales pitch or ad.
Your post radiates confidence and satisfaction with Kurzweil. Your comments are
welcome and I hope you'll always feel comfortable and motivated to post here.

Monica, Pratik and Cindy, I've also found your discussion of rank spelling in
response to Jamie's questions interesting. I've been using Microsoft Word, a
program similar to Cindy's and it gets the job done with spell check, find and
replace and global replace, but if rank spelling accomplishes the same tasks
faster, I'll be delighted since I'd like to validate more quickly while
maintaining the best possible accuracy.
I can see how ranking spelling errors by quanttity could make identifying
scanno patterns faster.
Again, thank you for your considerate, informative, answers.

Always with love,

Lissi