[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rank spelling

  • From: "Kaitlyn" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:20:02 -0800

HI Lissi,

In simple language Kurzweil is a scanning, reading and editing program.
Kurzweil uses the two top scanning programs on the market and build them
into the Kurzweil interface. So when learning Kurzweil you basically have
one program to learn but have the choice of two ocr  programs to do your
scanning and recognition with.

IS one better than the other? IN general people seem to like Finereader
better but Scansoft on some books does a better job. You have the option in
Kurzweil to let the program test both OCR programs on a particular book to
see which may work better.

Besides the scanning and ocr  features of Kurzweil you get a user friendly
interface for spell checking, in the rank spelling, along with a number of
other useful tools that you may have heard mentioned here.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

PS.... When you get time I would like to chat with you about Tolkien. I am
currently rescanning the Silmarillion  which is only a good copy on the site
and has a "lot" of errors.

Katie Hill
"Come to the edge"

"We can't; we will fall"