[bksvol-discuss] Re: RTF format.

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:52:09 -0400

Jamie,

Yes, but I can convert it to rtf and still work on it in Kurzweil.  With
another word processing program there might not be a problem and I am looking
for another one but at the moment I have WordPerfect and it can make a mess
with a program faster than you can write a sentence. And if I submit it in kes
then another person with kes will validate it and there is less room for
program screw-up. As far as I can tell, Bookshare has not trouble converting
kes files for the inclusion in the collection. Doing it all in Kurzweil means I
can rescan if needed and send the rescanned page/s to the validator if need be
which is another argument for the validator being able to contact the scanner.
Plus the validator, if s/he has a copy of the book, he can rescan a page if
needed or discuss a problem with the scanner. This can happen with books with
dialect  or technical language and similar problem areas.

Amy
omsm