[bksvol-discuss] Re: RTF format.

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:43:10 -0400

There is or may be a good reason for keeping a file scanned in Kurzweil to
remain a kes file.  I am going to have to rescan two books because after I
converted the completed scan to rtf and I had uploaded it, the files that
remained I kept in both the Kurzweil and WordPerfect and the latter kept
converting everything to read-only with backups that were also wordpad and read
only and the kes versions started also having problems.  The rtf file I
uploaded was good and was validated but apparently it then started being weird
and after 3 people turned it back for validation I downloaded what turned out
to be an unusable file as it was 3.62 mb and too larger to be opened.  I had to
reject it and now since all of my copies were corrupted somehow I will  begin
again with a new scan.  Same type of problem I had with the other book so I am
rescanning two books and keeping them in Kurzweil. I will only convert them to
rtf if I absolutely must and even then I plan to work on it in Kurzweil if
possible or keep a kes copy as back-up.  And I will never again eliminate all
my good copies unless and until it is in the Bookshare collection and not in
progress.

Amy
omsm