[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quotes

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:46:18 -0400

It may be that these quotes are sidebars in the print book. Such sidebars sometimes scan the way you describe the reading of this book.

I am an experienced validator. I have given up on at least one book containing such sidebars.

Working out sidebars is extremely difficult and often requires extensive sighted help.

Perhaps you can release the book and pick an easier project.

All the best,

E.
At 08:17 AM 8/22/2008, you wrote:
Hi,
I meant to say that it has things people said. It will interrupt the text
with a saying by Wayne Gredsky, Abraham Lincoln, or whoever. It can happen
in the middle of a sentence or paragraph.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             "Christina"
             <greensleeves1@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc
             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [bksvol-discuss] Re: Quotes

             08/21/2008 04:39
             PM

             Please respond to
             bksvol-discuss@fr
                eelists.org

Hi, Jim.
What exactly do you mean by sprinkles quotes?
Are there random quotation marks?  If so, you can probably just delete
them.
Sometimes extra characters appear in the text like apostrophes and greater
than signs.

I use an older version of Microsoft Word and JAWS 7.1 and I notice that the

screenreader doesn't always read the entire line so that, if you're reading

a conversation, you'll heare a bunch of quotes but you won't hear the text
that's in them.
Hope this helps.
Christina

http://www.eset.com