[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quick processing of my book

  • From: "Rick Ely" <ely.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:13:56 -0400

Hi Jim and All,
Downloaded Pickles, Peaches and Chocolate and used the BookShare Victor software reader and did about twenty searches for pages and found them all. Also glad that I added this cookbook.
Rick
----- Original Message ----- From: <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Charlene" <caota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:16:07 -1000

Hi everyone,

Thanks, Sharon for validating my book!

Today I went and downloaded the copy of Pickles Peaches and Chocolate
that is now up on bookshare just to see what the stripper did with my
book.  Sure enough, there isn't a page number to be had in either the
daisy or brf version, I don't know what happened to them.  Some of the
footer is there which originally had the page number in it so don't know
how that happened.  The header is gone as I figured would happen.  It's
probably a good thing that I kept the header so that the stripper
wouldn't dump the recipe titles instead.  Interesting, too, is that the
page numbers even seem to be gone in the table of contents in the brf
copy, not the daisy though.  I suppose I just bring up all the old
frustrations with the stripper again because it now would be hard for a
person to find anything in that book.  The brf pages fall in the oddest
places.  They don't follow the print pages so a title of a recipe will
be on one page and the rest on the next.  My question is who'd want to
have that book brailled like that anyway?  When books are brailled from
bookshare does someone go in and fix them at all?

This stripper really reaks havoc on some books that's for sure!!!

Charlene