[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions that have surely been answered

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 18:58:34 -0600

Hi, Cindy Lou!

I can speak for the twenty or so titles HOLD FOR VALERIE.  I shipped Jamie
Yates over 40 antiquarian books I had bought and want to proof.  I do not read
books to  check out, only proof.  Because I am a sighted dyslexic, I can spend
time confirming period spelling and unusual punctuation which is common in
these books, as well as correcting a higher rate of scannos and paragraphing
problems.  Jamie suddenly had more time on her hands since her local library
was flooded and shut for several months, so she began working on my piles of
books all at once instead of mixed in among other titles.

I am sorry I am slow right now, but I am a sole caregiver to my husband who is
a quadriplegic (Doug is also a volunteer) and Nichole, our daughter, who has
severe CP and is not recovering well from a spinal fusion over 2 months ago.
On top of that, Doug's dad died last week and his mom is in failing health.
Volunteering is my bright spot, so I hope you and others can forgive me for
wanting to fuss over the books I worked so hard to collect to add to the
Bookshare collection.

Hope lots of people join us in chat tonight, 8 central in the Blind Cool Tech
Chat room!

Valerie

Please pray for and follow Nichole's recovery: