[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions from a Returning Volunteer

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:47:17 -0400

Hi all,

Marylyn, maybe somebody already answered this one, but this is the story.

Like any other member of Bookshare except students, you have to pay for your membership.

When you volunteer to submit or to validate books, you receive a $2.50 credit against the $50.00 for your next year's subscription to Bookshare. Therefore, if you validate or submit twenty books, you get a free subscription. Any amount of books is fine, they will just take the amount off the subscription and you'll have to pay the remainder. So, e.g. if you submit or validate ten books, you get half the price off, and you pay the remainder. Hope this is clear?

No, of course you do not have to pay in order to volunteer.

Ann P.