[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions from a Returning Volunteer

Hi Mayrie.

First, thank you for the answer about Tabs/Spaces at the beginning of a paragraph. Very helpful and totally understood.

Second, how much is a subscription? What does a subscription give you the right to do?

Thanks SO MUCH,
Marilyn

On Mar 23, 2008, at 10:35 PM, Mayrie ReNae wrote:

Hi Marilyn,

I'm not Sue, but I'll answer. Volunteers are not exempt from paying for their bookshare subscriptions. It is just possible to earn a free subscription by working it off, earning $2.50 toward the cost of each year's subscription for each book validated, or submitted. So, we don't automatically get a free bookshare subscription, but can earn one. Does that answer your question sufficiently? Just ask more, if I haven't answered all that you want to know. Everyone is willing to answer questions.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 07:20 PM 3/23/2008, you wrote:
Hi, Sue.  Thanks for answering so fast.

I thought volunteers didn't have to pay anything.  Was I wrong?

-- Marilyn

On Mar 23, 2008, at 10:09 PM, siss52 wrote:

Hi Marilyn,

The credits are used to pay for your next subscription.  If you
earn enough,
you won't have to pay anything when it is time to renew your
subscription.
The site keeps track of it automatically, and you can check on how
much
credit you have earned by clicking on "my account."

HTH,

Sue S.