[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions about brackets, Braille translation, and multiple spaces between words

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:37:03 -0500

There are programs you could use to put any file you have into grade one. Duxbury was mentioned earlier but there are others. They will braille out in grade one if that is what you specify. If the boys's mother has a braille printer it can put the material into grade one for her son.

E.
At 01:22 PM 12/22/2006, you wrote:
When I take a children's book and use a slate and
stylus to Braille a children's book I use Grade 1
braille, mostly because I am not good at Grade 2
Braille. But also because the little boy I do it for
doesn't know Braille at all. His mom is blind and she
does Grade 2, but if he decides to learn Braille (he
is sighted) he'll start with Grade 1, I assume.

Jamie in Michigan