[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions about Word 2010

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 00:44:54 -0500

Hi Chanelle and Jackie!

Smart quotes curve so that they "lean into" the sentence. The opening quote leans in to the right and the end quote leans in to the left. The straight quotes "stand up straight", you could say.

The smart quotes supposedly look better, but they don't read right when using speech nor do they display correctly on a braile display, so I am glad to be able to find them with the help of list members to finally turn them off. I have only been using Word 2010 for about two weeks.

Debby

At 02:22 PM 5/7/2012, Chanelle Allen wrote in part

I don't know what smart quotes are.

                                --
                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.