[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re caps

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:45:06 -0400

This is only meant as an oppinion. I suspect that a user will regard such a strangely capitalized sentence as a scanning error even though it may be the way the publisher wants it. Is this a time for official bookshare staff to share recommendations? All else seems speculative if our goal is adhering to what the publisher does. Just a thought.

E.

At 02:35 PM 4/21/2006, you wrote:

E,

What Gerald is pointing  out is something like this:

THIS IS A SIM-
ple sentence.

He is suggesting that he does the following with this sentence:

THIS IS A SIMPLE
sentence.

That seems like a fair compromise to me.  Yes, publishers do some weird
things with formatting.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Director, CUNY Assistive technology Services (CATS)
The City University of New York
pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of E. Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 1:57 PM To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re caps

Are you telling me that the original print would have a sentence where the
first few words are in solid caps and the rest of the sentence is
not?  Example below.

THIS IS A SAMple sentence.

Isn't this a scanning error?