To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:28 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on Scan quality for blind vs other types of disabled bookshare readers

I used to enlarge the font to work in but then I found
that Word has an enlargement "thing." Enlarging the
font changes line lengths and page lengths, but using
the Word enlarger doesn't--it just makes it easier to
read. A file will start out at 100% but can be
enlarged to as high as 500% and anything inbetween.

G.Cindy

--- "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I believe that the first or second book I validated
had all different types and sizes of fonts and as a
sighted person, it was very difficult for me to read
on the computer screen. When I mentioned that I
changed all of the fonts to one standard font and
size, so I could read it, I was told that doing so
was not permissible because that changed what the
publisher intended for the book to be.

  The way I understood if, if I enlarged a 2 point
font so that I could read it, I had to reduce it
back to what it was after scanning after I
read/validated that part.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Rules of Survival by Nancy
Werlin

I'm an eBay affiliate, click here before you bid!
Click here for eBay!

WISH LIST (called Requested Additions To The Bookshare Collection)is available at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/