[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on Scan quality for blind vs other types of disabled bookshare readers

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:31:51 -0500

Hmm. This is interesting. I never thought to check to see what color my email messages are. Jaws says they're black on white, and I imagine that works fine. It just never even entered my mind to check on that. I did fix my fonts though since someone told me that Arial is easy to read on a computer screen. It's funny how easy it is to miss the little things that a sighted person notices almost without conscious thought.

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Yes, indeed--mostly blue, but red and later yellow.

And that brings up something--some people do use
yellow in their posts and it's very hard for sighted
people to read because it's against a white background
and isn't a very bright or dark yellow.