[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question for Braille Readers

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:58:29 -0700

Hi Evan,

Thanks for this. So, we want elipsis without spaces between to be accurate for everybody. I'll do that from now on. Thanks for telling us that the translator knows how to interpret elipsis correctly when we make sure not to have spaces between them in the print.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 08:48 PM 3/24/2008, you wrote:
Nobody is talking about changing the ellipsis in the print book to three apostrophes to make it come out correctly in braille. That's just what the braille translator puts in when it sees three periods in a row without spaces. So the question is not about replacing the ellipsis in the print book with three apostrophes, it is whether the periods which make up an ellipsis consist of three periods with spaces between or without spaces between. The braille translator makes a braille ellipsis -- which consists of three apostrophes -- when it sees three periods without spaces, but simply puts in periods when it sees periods with spaces between them, which is not correct.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>