[bksvol-discuss] Question about submition information

  • From: "Jenny Wood" <mellow.yellow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:43:33 -0600

Okay, please excuse me while I flash my ignorance again...  Upon checking
the bookshare.org website this evening, I noticed that a book I have just
spent the last week scanning has already been published.  The copy I
submitted was just uploaded yesterday.  However, the copy that appears as
now being published and ready for download says it was submitted by someone
else.  I don't know if this was just absolutely horrible timing on my part,
or if I am merely confused. :)  I checked the bookshare.org website
yesterday just before uploading my own copy, and the book wasn't yet listed.
So, getting to the point, I guess my question is, when viewing information
about a particular book, does the name of the person who submitted the book
indicate the person who actually scanned it, or does it refer to the last
person to validate it?

Thanks!

Jenny