[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about reject or fix

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 22:40:28 -0700

Hi, of course the problem lies in that the submitter probably didn't
read science fiction in the first place and was probably unfamiliar with
the author's work. If he/she was, then the submitter would know the
author's tendency to change spelling deliberately. I don't know if the
submitter was blind or sighted, but you know how the NLS program doesn't
give us everything by all the authors writing science fiction. I'd say
you have to either change the words back with a comment that any
misspelled words in the text are deliberate on the part of the author or
you reject the book. I proofread genre fiction sometimes, and I have to
say that I'm not always sure if the author meant to leave in typos, so
in those instances I dither. Regards, Kim Friedman.