[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about an equation

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:53:21 -0700 (PDT)

No--it's a "signed" poem anyway, i.e. in ASL. It's in
the book Inside Deaf Culture, which I should be able
to upload soon. It's an interesting history, but so
far, and I'm almost finished, it hasn't gotten into
the recent conflicts of cochlear implants, perhaps
because it was published in 2005. But it does mention
the conflicts in the Deaf community between "oralists"
and signing.

Cindy