[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:39:48 +0000

Great point Roger!

-----Original Message-----
From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger Loran Bailey
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:39 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book

Let me add this. If you have a strong opinion about the content of a book, its
appropriateness, its appropriateness or inappropriateness for certain groups of
people or other opinions, remember that these opinions are just that, opinions,
and Bookshare provides a place for you to express your opinions. On the
metadata page for each and every book in the collection near the bottom of the
page is a link to click that takes you to a page where you may write a review.
For whatever reason it seems that most users ignore this. But it is there. It
is there and anyone who looks at the metadata page can read the opinions
expressed in the reviews that are posted there. So post your reviews and
express yourselves!

On 7/23/2015 2:36 PM, Madeleine Linares wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments about adult content.

Here's how we handle it at Bookshare: if anyone can walk into their local
library and find the book on the shelves, don't mark it adult content. DO
make a note in the synopsis about the content! That's the perfect place to
inform the reader of what he or she can expect. If you come across something
that you think is adult content but aren't sure, email me
(volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)!

I know this won't please every single person but it's our current policy and
we request you to respect it. If you have any other questions, comments, or
concerns about adult content, please contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative