[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book

  • From: Christopher Zeigler <chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare book discussion list <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:13:15 -0400

Hello this is Chris
I am NOT train to say that censorship needs to be done I am just asking how
else would the site and the software that operates that the site no no to
block adult content I know that there is a checkbox under your account if
you are a member when you're under 18 that box has to be checked by default
I do not know anything else I'm not saying that there should be since your
ship any questions please feel free to ask or to come Int.
You also can email me at chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx
Hope you have a wonderful day thank you
On Jul 22, 2015 9:08 PM, "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

If you are into censorship and depriving people of making the free choice
to read whatever they want to read based on an arbitrary matter of status
then I suppose you would check that box in order to discriminate against
people under the age of eighteen. That would keep them from downloading or
even seeing that the book exists on the site. As an opponent of censorship
and an advocate of the freedom to read myself I would advise never checking
that box.

On 7/22/2015 8:21 PM, Christopher Zeigler wrote:

Hello this is Chris
I am asking a question how does D adult content filter really work if it
works based on that box being checked then if thats not checked wouldn't
that allow I child under 18 to be able to download it seems like that it
would make sense to check that box if that's the only way that it would
know to not show that result I hope I made sense hair and everyone have a
wonderful day
On Jul 22, 2015 11:13 AM, "Madeleine Linares" <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Russ,

Then I doubt it should be marked adult content. Just make a note about
the contents in the synopsis so people can make their own judgments.

Best,

Madeleine