[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:09:50 EDT

My suspicion is that publishers are not held to the same standards as
volunteers because the publishers would not put up with it. They are in the
business of selling books and really have little to gain by contributing to
Bookshare and unlike us they probably have little interest in Bookshare either.
f stringent requirements were put on their submissions it is likely that
they would just say forget about it then. I suspect that the decision was made
that it was more important to get their books than it was to risk
antagonizing them and not getting any of their books.

                  "If you don't stand for something you will fall for
anything.
" Malcolm X

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about a book
Date:
10/15/2009 4:17:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I've seen publisher quality books with no page numbers or page breaks, and
have wondered the very same thing. I know for a fact that a volunteer
submission
would be rejected if it lacked page breaks. So, like you, I am curious to
know why publisher quality submissions, or submissions by bookshare staff,
are
not held to the same standards.

Are you a fan of women's music? If so, check out the Eclectic Collection: A
Celebration of Women In Music, each Wednesday evening from 7 to 9 eastern.
www.radio360.us

block quote