[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about Kurzweil and fonts

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:41:50 -0500

Thanks very much Pavi.

I think I solved the problem, and I'll describe what I did in case it might
help others.

The book is "Speaking out: inside the White House" by Larry Speakes. I am using
Kurzweil version 10.

The problem was that the chapter heading (chapter 1...) was on a separate line
with a font of about 16 points. It was followed by a blank line, then the
chapter name which was in 62 points. This would create a level 1 book mark with
the chapter heading, then a level two heading with the chapter name. I wanted a
level 1 bookmark with the chapter heading and the chapter name.

I created a uniform font for the entire text by pressing ctrl a, then bringing
up the edit menu with alt+e then the font menu with a letter o. I set the font
to be 12 point. Then I found each chapter heading with a search for the word
"chapter", put both the heading and title on the same line by deleting the
blank line between the two. I then pressed home on this line to go to the
beginning of the line, and shift+end to select the whole line. I then pressed
ctrl+] twice to set the font to 14 points.

This method seemed to have worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Incidentally, thanks to KariG I had an excellent scan to work with.

Bob