[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 07:26:29 -0500

Hi all,

Susan, do the following.

1.  load up Word with your book.

2.  Press  ctrl-h.

3.  In the first edit box write ^b  that's caret b.

4. In the second edit box put ^p^m^p that's caret p caret m caret p. This will give you a page break with a blank line before and after it.

5.  Tab to replace all and press the spacebar.

Now, this may work just perfectly, but it may not. I had to do that with a book I was proofing and I got some thousand page breaks. I was able to delete all the extraneous ones because the headers had been left in the book. Had they not, I would have had to reject the book because I couldn't tell where each page began. My advice, save this book to a new filename before you start tampering with it. That way, if you get a million page breaks, you'll still have the original file to fall back on. I have found this method to be most efficient for proofing. I have sometimes made real bloopers and have been able to recover my work.

HTH,
Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons