[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:18:09 -0700

I am wishing for clarification here.

wrote:

  Pages preceding the Roman numeral pages in lower case should be numbered with
a separate sequence of capitalized Roman numerals.

  This does not completely make sense to me.
  First is it a scanning question, or is it a validator’s question?

  Does this mean when you ADD an uppercase Roman numeral?
  Or also when you are just moving it from say the bottom to top of the page?

  I don’t remember hearing about it either.
  And I have not noticed it in books as I read them, to hear 2 roman numerals
on a numbered pages.
  I would like to hear what this is exactly accomplishing for the reader or
whatever.

  Thanks.
  Rik