[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question.

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:51:46 -0400

I don't have any advice for you, but I will say that I had a similar problem just a little while ago. I have just started scanning a book and have only gotten to page three of the text after getting through ten preliminary pages. On page two each and every period was missing. I tried rescanning that page several times and every time the periods were missing. I finally went through the entire page manually replacing every period. Pages one and three were okay, but I note that they have something in common. They are odd numbered pages. I have encountered books before that have a problem only on either odd or even numbered pages. I used up a lot of time on that page and I certainly hope that every even numbered page does not have the same problem. If they do I might just give up on the book. I suppose I will find out when I resume scanning within the next hour.

"Those who produce should have, but we know that those who produce the most - that is, those who work hardest, and at the most difficult and most menial tasks, have the least." - Eugene V. Debs

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com