[bksvol-discuss] Question.

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 19:24:08 -0500

I wonder if any of you can tell me why, in some books, everywhere there should
be an apostrophe, a blank appears.  However, this isn't a line blank.  The
speech doesn't say "blank" and it won't call it anything at all--even when you
try to spell the word.  It only shows the letters before the blank.  The only
thing that says anything different at all is when you check the font.  It says
something like WP Multinational A something--I can't understand the last word.
Anyway, I don't know what to do without replacing each occurrence individually.
 I have no idea what to put in the find box.  I tried to copy and paste it, but
the computer kept saying "nothing selected".  I don't know what to do besides
replacing each apostrophe individually, which is less than desirable, of
course, but I have already done that on twenty pages of the book, and it is
filled with contractions!  If anyone knows what to do, I would appreciate some
advice!

The first time I got hold of a book like that, I released it because I didn't
want to take on something that tedious.  The next time, I slogged through,
replacing each apostrophe.  I've already had this book an unconscionable time,
and just keep doing other books ahead of it because I dread it, but I do want
to do it, so have finally started.

Kathy

kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx

> "The LORD bless you and keep you;