[bksvol-discuss] Question

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 07:22:54 -0500

I'm working on a book that contains a table. I've formatted using Word's table feature, and the formatting worked out well. Now for my question. Three of the columns have cells that are either blank, or have a dot in them. This is to mark whether or not the item in that row does or does not do the particular thing in that column. In the blank cells, I was thinking of putting [blank cell], but wasn't sure what to put in the cells that have dots. Right now they contain periods. should I put [this cell contains a dot], or should I leave the period or use an x or something else? All ideas are welcome, and I hope my explanation was clear.

Thanks,

--
Melissa Smith